How to get Non Dom Status?
Assuming you relocate your domicile and company headquarters to Cyprus, you will be able to enjoy the Non Dom status. From a tax point of view, this status in Cyprus offers an extremely interesting opportunity for EU citizens, not to say the country of superlatives.
60 Day rule for individuals
On 14 July 2017, the Cypriot authorities approved the “60-day rule” according to which individuals should receive a tax haven in Cyprus. This came into force retroactively on 1 January 2017 and will be applied if the following requirements are met:
Requirements in detail:
- At least 60 days stay in Cyprus
- Do not spend more than 183 days in another individual state
- not resident or resident in any other country
- Managing director or employee of a local company
- during the tax year, a permanent lease agreement or property ownership must be proven.
The days for the tax year are calculated as follows:
- The day of departure will be considered as one day outside Cyprus
The day of arrival is evaluated as one day within Cyprus
If you arrive and depart on the same day, it will be evaluated as one day within the country.
magic word IP-Box 2,5%
The Joker for Intellectual Property and Copyrighted Software. Income from a large number of online businesses such as e-books, webinars and online training courses is taxed at 2.5%. Revenue from patent rights and utility model rights also includes. Very popular at digital nomads.